In Year 1 children learn to:
- weave with a variety of materials
- collage using various textures
- sort according to specific qualities
- use a variety of techniques to manipulate materials
Sketchbook demonstrates exploration of weaving and manipulation of materials.
In Year 2 children learn to:
- overlap and overlay materials to create effects
- Use large eyed needles – running stitches
- create simple appliqué work
- start to explore other simple stitches
- create a collage using a various materials and textures
Sketchbook demonstrates examples of overlapping and overlaying, exploration of applique and stitches.