In Year 3 children learn to:
- about different styles of print - relief and impress
- record textures/patterns
- create mono-printing
- use colour mixing through overlapping colour prints
Sketchbook demonstrates monoprinting and overlapping.
In Year 4 children learn to:
- use sketchbook for recording, exploring textures/patterns
- interpret environmental and manmade patterns
- modify and adapt print
Sketchbook demonstrates journey of modifying and adapting print.
In Year 5 children learn to:
- design prints
- make connections between a variety of prints and the work of others
- discuss and evaluate own work and that of others
Sketchbook demonstrates evaluating own work and that of others.
In Year 6 children review previous work and learn to:
- builds up drawings and images of whole or parts of items using various techniques
- screen print
- explore printing techniques used by various artists
Sketchbook demonstrates increasing knowledge of printing techniques and various artists.