In Year 3 children learn to:
- colour mix with growing accuracy
- make colour wheels
- use different types of brushes
- use a variety of techniques when applying colour such as: dotting, scratching, splashing.
Sketchbook demonstrates colour wheel including knowledge of tertiary colours.
In Year 4 children learn to:
- colour mix and match the tint, tone or shade
- observe and talk about colours
- know when and how to use suitable equipment for the task
- have an understanding of dark/warm colours and use colour to reflect a specific mood
Sketchbook demonstrates colour mixing to show matching of shade, understanding of how colour reflects mood.
In Year 5 children learn to
- develop their exploration and knowledge of hue, tint, tone, shades and reflecting mood with colour
- explore the use of texture in colour
- use colour for a purpose
Sketchbook demonstrates exploration of texture in colour.
In Year 6 children review:
- hue, tint, tone, shades and mood
- the use of texture in colour
- colour for purposes
- colour to express feelings
Sketchbook demonstrates increasing skill in knowledge of colour mixing and techniques and knowledge of using colour for purposes.