- Members of the committee will undertake training relevant to their designated roles and the business of this committee.
- Governors will abide by the code of conduct as ratified by the Full Governing Body.
- The relevant governors should familiarise themselves with the expectations of Ofsted in relation to the TOR for this committee.
- The Committee will consist of:
- 3 governors (who are also responsible for undertaking the Headteacher Performance Management)
- Associate governors as nominated and agreed with Full Governing Body
- Chair and Vice Chair:
- The Chair and Vice Chair of this committee will be identified and elected by the Full Governing Body.
- The Chair and Vice Chair of this committee will serve a 2 year term.
- After a 2 Year term the Chair and Vice Chair of this Committee will be subject to a review by the Full Governing Body.
- Should the Chair or Vice Chair resign from their position the Full Governing Body will identify and elect their replacement.
- The Committee will meet at least once per term or otherwise as required.
- Agenda will be agreed by Chair with clerk and headteacher with reference to this document and Chairs / Vice Chairs of other Committees.
- The agenda and relevant documents will sent to committee members at least 7 working days before the meeting.
- The Committee will keep a record of all meetings.
- The meetings will be minuted by the clerk. The minutes will:
- Highlight questions asked by the governors to support and challenge the school.
- Will be available on the Governor's Drive within 10 working days of the meeting being held.
- A summary report (oral or written), highlighting key issues (oral or written) will be an agenda item on the following Full Governing Body agenda.
- Two Governors and the Headteacher (or nominated representative) will represent a quorum.
- The Committee may invite other governors to attend as it finds necessary.
Lead Governors reporting to the P and P Committee
No Lead Governors currently report to the Pay and Performance Committee.
Terms of Reference
- To consider the pay recommendations of the head teacher.
- To fairly apply the criteria related to discretionary areas of pay, as identified within the Pay Policy, including headteacher and those on leadership levels/points.
- To determine/review salary at the time of the annual review for all staff, normally between the 1st September and 31st October, and provide an annual pay statement
- Provide an interim Pay Statement for any member of staff whose situation changes during the year
- To review job descriptions annually and where responsibility or accountability is increased, to reconsider the grade in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Ensure that job descriptions are provided for all staff
- To ensure that statutory and contractual requirements are applied to all staff groups
- To ensure that adequate records of decisions are kept Hear and consider any representations from staff regarding pay related decisions prior to a formal appeal
- Decisions of The Pay Committee, following notification to the full Governing Body, will be notified in writing to the member of staff concerned.
- Committee members are required to treat information about each individual’s earnings as confidential
- These responsibilities are to be exercised within the constraints of the school’s locally managed budget and in accordance with the school’s financial and improvement plans
- Reviews may take place at other times of the year to reflect any changes in circumstances or job descriptions that lead to a change in the basis for calculating an individual’s pay. A written statement will be given after any review and where applicable it will give information about the basis on which it was made.
- Monitoring of application of appraisal process and FGB agreed pay policy
- Reports from Lead Governors attached to the committee.
- The committee’s items in the Governor Improvement Plan
Key Questions for governors to support and challenge the school
- Is the pay policy being applied appropriately?
- Are salary awards justified in relation to evidence used to determine pay?
- Is the appraisal process rigorous and fair?
- Are the headteacher’s performance management targets
- appropriate and challenging eg how do they address the School
- Development priorities, pupil progress and standards etc
The following items may be useful in helping you understand the role of the Inclusion and Safeguarding committee:
- The Latest edition of the Governor’s Handbook
- The most recent edition of ‘The Framework for school inspection’. This publication is available at http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/framework-for-school-inspection
- The most recent edition of ‘School inspection handbook’. This publication is available at http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/school-inspection-handbook and may also be found on the google drive in the FGB folder in the sub-folder “Guidance”
This Constitution has been agreed by the Full Governing Body on 4/12/2014