In Year 1 children learn to:
- construct using various materials
- use materials to make known objects for a purpose
- carve and manipulate materials
- pinch and roll coils and slabs using a modelling media.
- make simple joins
Sketchbook demonstrates photographic evidence of using a modelling media.
In year 2 children learn to:
- be aware of natural and man-made forms
- expression their personal experiences and ideas
- shape and form from direct observation (malleable and rigid materials)
- use decorative techniques
- replicate patterns and textures in a 3-D form
- talk about their work and that of other sculptors
Sketchbook demonstrates some knowledge of work of a famous sculptor, evidence of exploring and replicating patterns and textures.