In Year 1 children learn to:
- Extend the variety of drawings tools
- Explore different textures/shading Observe and draw landscapes
- Observe patterns
- Observe anatomy (faces, limbs)
Sketchbook demonstrates exploration of different textures/shading.
In Year 2 children learn to:
- experiment with tools and surfaces
- draw as a means of recording experiences and feelings
- discuss use of shadows, use of light and dark
- sketch to make quick records
- Observe carefully and draw objects (still life)
- extend their exploration of shading
Sketchbook demonstrates use of shadows and extension of methods of textures/ shading.